Re: Shutdown icon: Re: Since a recent update of FC5T2 option to log in as another user on log out has dissapeared.

David Timms wrote:
David Nielsen wrote:

man, 23 01 2006 kl. 09:46 -0800, skrev Jesse Keating:
I think the look they were going for was a light switch in the off
position.  Are light switches sufficiently i18n enough?  The image would
be better served to be in the angled position that a lot of bluecurve
type icons are in.  In fact, I think the icon set does stand out against
the bluecurve icons that are visible in other places.  Not very unified
in look.
Only in australia off is the opposite position to in the states... as someone mentioned not that i18n, even for english speakers. Perhaps a shutdown icon of a "jack in the box being pushed back in his box by a hand" (or slamming a door)...just to get some ideas flowing.

When you click on the "shut down" menu item, you get a message box with "are you sure you want to shut the system down now". That box also has a nice looking switch at the beginning of the line. That graphic (only a little smaller) would look good on the menu.

Richard