Re: repoview goodness

n0dalus wrote:

On 1/23/06, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Perhaps the developers could add searches by provides (show me what
package installed this file (rpm -qf)) and requires (list of all other
packages that need this package).

Also, with the new installer major package groups, perhaps an
additional layer could give the major group, a central area particular
to the group, and the actual packages on the right, to keep consistent
with anaconda ?
We dont want much work or special implementation requirements for all
the mirrors. If you you could implement a additional separate interface
that need not be mirrored by others. See fedora-extras list discussions
recently. Andreas was interested in working on it there. Also talk to
yum and repoview developers in yum-devel list or #fedora-devel. skvidal,
icon and panu should be able to sort all of that.

We should be able to write a client-side search with javascript. Is
that what was being discussed on the extras list?

Ideas was discussed but I dont remember seeing a specific language mentioned. Check in the archives. Its open for all.

--
Rahul