Installer option to install everything / little, was Re: FC5T2 ready ...

Brian D. Carlstrom wrote:

John Summerfied writes:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > You are the first for this release.
> Third today by my count, but I've not been watching closely.

I used to be selective about package installation, but on a recent
machine I just selected everything. The main reason is because I run a
OK, I was going to file an enh request regarding this, but since there is lots of opines here, what do people think of the following as a solution to the various views expressed:
1. Everything option (stays) removed.

2. For the list at left (the general groups), a right click popup is provided, with two options. a. unselect all [?ctrl-shift-a (gimp) not sure what other appz standardize on] All groups would be deselected, leave only the "base operating system" (for firewall / special builders)
 b. select all - [ctrl-a]
 c. select all - default optional components
All default parts of each of the 6? groups would be selected.

3. For each package sub group (RHS) with options: again a right click popup is provided with the same three options:
 a. as above
 b. as above
c. default selections (so if you make a mistake you can easily go back, without restarting the installer - Probably also good for the left list as well.

Coding could be pretty simple (for items in chosen list, check= on/off, not sure about the default selects - ignore for v1?)...(same in text mode installer!)

Anyway, good potential solution ???  DaveT.