FC5t2 shutdown problems

I running in run level 3. When I go to reboot all services are stopped until a final message says "INIT: nothing left to do", or something like that, and then it just hangs there and requires a reset.

I am not sure exactly what mechanism provides reboot function. SysVinit checks out ok with rpmv so I'm not sure where to look for the cause.

Thanks,
- Joshua