Re: Firefox in FC5T2 and java plugin problem & solution

DAVID BENTLEY wrote:
I have just installed sun java in /opt as recommended
and correctly configured it only to find that the
plugin was not running.

My system was a fresh install of FC5T2 with all
updates as of 18/1/06.

The problem seems to be to do with the selinux policy.

To getthe plugin to run I have enabled  "Allow the use
of shared libraries with Text Relocation" in the
compatibility section.

Should this have been enabled by default.

Bingo! Also solves the problem for the Flash plugin.

Cheers,

Chris