Re: Pirut and Pup review - not working well enough yet

G.Wolfe Woodbury wrote:
Per Rhaul's suggestion I went to use Pirut and Pup to apply rawhide
updates to the FC5t2 installation.

I discovered that Pup is ok as an updater, limited in functionality as
it only updates things that are installed, not an integrated solution.

The real problem was attempting to use Pirut to *remove* some of the
things I didn't want on the system.  It doesn't yet implement removing
anything!  Until it gets a little more functionality implemented, I'll
prefer kyum as an integrated solution.

--Wolfe

Deseecting items is the same as removing via pirut. I believe that I removed an item or two with the program.

A package updater is a package updater. pirut is add/remove in design.

I'm still having SELinux related denials when selinux is active. Both work great otherwise.

kyum is most likely a good front-end to yum also. I do not use it, but have tried it in the past.

Jim

--
We are using Linux daily to UP our productivity -- so UP yours, Microsoft!