Re: FC5t2 DVD install report - Success

G.Wolfe Woodbury wrote:

I downloaded and burned the DVD version of FC5t2 yesterday and late last
night did the install.  All went well (especially Firstboot without RHGB)
and everything I normally test works well.

Anaconda still doesn't pick up on the ISAPNP 3c509 ethernet card so eth1
isn't configured. (Workaround is still system-config-network hand
installing.)

Any bug report filed? If not kindly do so.

FC5t2 properly detected the Trident Cyberblade as the primary video
adapter and did not try to use the ATI Radeon PCI card for the X server
like certain other distributions tried to do.

?: Would it be possible to have the hw detection software trace up the
line from the monitor detection to properly identify the video card?
Where would I file a RFE (against X?)
I guess X is fine. If possible supply the xorg.conf information and other details including the distributions which did it correctly in the bug report.

Next I'll apply today's rawhide as updates (via kyum) and see if
anything breaks egregiously. :-)

Can you try using pup/pirut just during the test/development releases?. The default tools need to be tested and well integrated.

--
Rahul