Re: lockups FC5t2

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Joshua Andrews wrote:

every time I access the Internet and start to download anything, via http or ftp, the system locks up after about 30 seconds.

run

# yum update. Make sure you have the latest updates and running the latest kernel.

every time I access a site that has embeded flash the browsers firefox and mozilla crash instantly with no messages!

x86_64?

Why isn't pan in this release??? Pan is one of the best open source user apps out there!

It is in Fedora Extras-devel repository.
# yum info pan.

Thanks, I looked for updates but I didn't see any via the rhn icon--is yum a different deal? I am running it on a dual p3 500 , i386--I scanned the list archives but didn't find anything relevant in either case. I'll check out the extras. Is yum already pointed to the extras or do I have to configure it special?

Thanks,
- Joshua