Re: FC5T2 Installation Notes

Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
2. Saw the missing udev /dev/.ydevdb/db error on first boot, but on subsequent boots, no errors.
Updated bz 176041

3. On firstboot the screen for Display had the following statement:

    P225f-w with ATI Technologies Inc RV280
    [Radeon 9200 SE] (secondary)

Added to bug 174101 as it may relate.

4. On firstboot the screen for System User caused me to pause a bit. To me, a system user is one with privileges like root. I think that substituting 'computer' for 'system' would make more sense. The screen would be titled Computer User and the prompt would read:

New rfe 177940

6. Anaconda (or X?) is still installing the vesa driver even tho it appears that a radeon card was detected. Had to change to radeon in xorg.conf.

updated bug 174101

7. GDM problem (bug 177443) still present AFTER you change the default greeter to gtk from themed. Had to revert gdm to 2.8.0.4-13.1 to fix. Will update bz.

updated bug 177443

Again, nice job Fedora dudes.

--
Regards,

Old Fart
(my reply-to address is "munged" to defeat spambots)