Re: k3b and burning permissions

Paul wrote:
Hi,

For some reason, I seem to have lost all rights to burn DVDs and CDs on
my FC5t1 box using k3b (and presumably, any other burning software).

Any ideas on how to restore things?
Generally make sure that whichever device is pointed to by /dev/cdrom or /dev/dvd belongs to the logged in user. Try chown $USER /dev/whatever (e.g. my cdrom is /dev/hdc).

I had to add the following in /etc/security/console.perms.d/ to get /dev/dvd to work.

# device classes -- these are shell-style globs
<dvd>=/dev/dvd*
# permission definitions
<console>  0600 <dvd>      0600 root

TTFN