Re: fc5 kernels after 1788 have excessive, kernel overhead

Andy Burns wrote:

just got to reinstall a base system on the box

Hmmm, now I've duplicated another problem a saw earlier :-(

If I PXE boot and do a base install, on the reboot grub complains about being unable to recognise the LVM partition, I don't know if it it gets drives or partitions confused, using the default partition scheme so it has got an ext3 /boot as well as the LVM.

I'll investigate and follow that up separately, it could depend the initial partitions on the drives, whether it was PXE or CD boot, or my kickstart file ...