Re: Memory Bar

I have an entry in fstab for the memory bar so in particular I mean mounted automatically in gnome. Since the gnome volume manager crashed though when the memory bar was inserted something must have changed in user space land to cause these problems.

From: Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Memory Bar
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 13:07:32 -0500

On 1/2/06, Don Springall <don_springall@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> udev-078-3 seems to have problems mounting my memory bar again. I thought
> this was working nicely for a while.
since udev doesn't actually control "mounting" as i understand the
verb...let's be clear... when you mean "problems mounting"  at which
point in the mounting process do you see a problem:

1) no /dev/  entry created for the device on insertion
this is udev, and you will see messages in /var/log/messages
associated with the device being created within a few sections on
inserting the usb device.
2)no /etc/fstab entry created for the device
this is hal
3) no mountpoint created for the device in /media/
this is hal
4) no entry in the computer window in gnome
this is gnome..nautilus or gamin specifically i think
5) not mounting automatically in gnome
this is gnome-volume-manager

-jef