Re: yum has no baseurl on FC5

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
This sounds like a network issue to me. Are you using an http proxy? I've seen this error message repeatedly when people have misconfigured
their proxy settings.

-jef

No, not using a proxy.

Interesting, I changed nothing on the FC5 but used to yum to load 1805 kernel.
  yum update kern*
When that completed, I rebooted to get to the new kernel. Simple things I tried seemed to work, except yum because of the baseurl problem.

I agree, it seems like a network problem at the mirror end. The fact that I had the problem occur on the FC4 host, with NO changes to that host, and recover with NO changes to that host, makes me suspicious of magic at the other end.

--
Glenn
Hamilton, Ont