Re: 2.6.15rc kernel packages for FC4.

Josh wrote:
    That's surprising since my Acer Ferrari 4005 never had a problem with
    the Synaptics touchpad on both FC4, FC5t1 and Rawhide. Did have to boot
    with i8042.nomux no_timer_check though. Maybe you could try that.

    Ipw2200 on an Acer Ferrari 4005? Mine has a Broadcom chip and according
    to the Acer website all Ferrari 4005 models have that. Don't know how
    you got an Intel wireless chipset on an AMD motherbord :P

I wasn't aware of the boot parameter to get synaptics touchpad. Does your touch pad work without the parameter?

not for me it doesnt' - even with this new kernel, i need that i8042.nomux param to make it work properly.

I ditched the default broadcom wireless NIC and bought Intel 2915 ABG mini-pci adapter for $29. Works great ;-)

the internal WiFi works fine, even the front push button for radio on and radio off work fine with ndiswrapper and EL4 / FC4 / Rawhide kernels - I've not had a problem at all.

considering the bcm driver needs 2.6.15 - anyone tried it with these new kernels that dave is putting out there ?