Re: RPM to install extras (was Re: Dia)

David D. Hagood wrote:
Given the number of packages being moved to Extras, and the number of people who are complaining about "I did a 'yum install $package' and it didn't find it", may I suggest creating an RPM in the main Fedora repository, named something like "Fedora-extras", that just installs the needed files and config changes to activate the extras repository? Then people can do a "yum install Fedora-extras; yum install $package" and get the extras.

Then this could be added to the FAQs.

I think that the issue is actually knowing what is available. There are new packages being added all the time.

I like using Yumex as I can search for either features or by name. Yea, I know that I can get a list and do this from the CLI, but sometimes a nice graphical interface allows me to browse allot quicker than scrolling through a list on a terminal screen.