Re: rawhide update report 2005-12-07: success

G.Wolfe Woodbury wrote:

Just synced to today's rawhide and did a kyum update (after removing
dbus-qt yesterday)  and have a successful update with *no* dependency
problems.  There was an error/warning message from the selinux update
that did not stop the processing.

About to reboot with the new kernel to test the basic functionality.

I did note that the current processing model removes older kernels. This
is a changed sequence, was it noted anywhere that I missed the
announcement?

installonlyn yum plugin from Jeremy Katz is included by default in the current development tree. It shows that as a first line in the yum output. The number of kernels it retains by default is 2 and is configurable. Related note: Anaconda also install only the kernel appropriate for the system on the smp machines. Previous versions installed smp kernel by default and also provided the up version as fallback.

regards
Rahul