Why is there now a suspend mode ??

I'm running rawhide, latest updates.  I have not setup suspend mode at
all.  Cant because the display never comes back on, so why is it enabled
now?  I closed my laptop lid.  It was put into suspend mode.  ACPI is
not setup to do this.  Is this the gnome-power-manager gone amuck?
DBUS??
Crazy gnomes or gremlins?

Thanks.
--
Brian Millett - [ Delenn (to Kosh), "Chrysalis"]
"You will not see me again as I am now."