system-config-packages: why does it need CD?

I'm running FC5T1 and when I run system-config-packages, I get an error:

Installation Tree Not Found: The path /media/cdrom does not look like a valid installation source.

I'm wondering why the full CD media should be needed to load the add / remove packages listing. I'd expect that the system would have a list of packages / product areas stored with the installation. Then once I wanted to add a package, it then would ask if I wanted to get it from CD/DVD, yum, etc. I didn't see a bug currently on this and wanted to hear thoughts on this prior to posting a bug.

Thanks,
Steve
begin:vcard
fn:Steve Wardell
n:Wardell;Steve
org:Bantu Inc;Research and Development
adr;dom:;;1819 L St NW #100;Washington;DC;20036
email;internet:swardell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.bantu.com
version:2.1