Re: Nuisance antispam requests

On Thu, 1 Dec 2005, Jesse Keating wrote:

I don't run this list, but on lists that I do run, autoresponses to list
mail are grounds for summary expulsion from the list.  Particularly if
they are every-time and not one-time (I'll cut people some slack for
"vacation" as long as it doesn't repeat itself...)

If we could find the subscriber who's subscribed email address
eventually directs to the uol.com.br we could boot them.  Got any ideas?

Yes, but it is expensive processing wise. Set mailman's personalize options to
yes and add a custom footer that says something like this: "This message was
sent to %(user_delivered_to)s". It works really well but the trade-off is that
mailman now has to generate a custom message for each recipient, so processing
those messages requires a lot more CPU cycles than before. Not sure if it
is worth it or not. You could turn it on when you need to solve a particular
problem and then turn it off again.

Regards,

Tom