smartd with ahci

My motherboard is configured so the SATA drives show up as ahci devices rather than legacy ide devices, fedora itself recognises the disks OK, however smartd fails to start.

I did some investigation with smartctl and found that it was necessary to use

	smartctl -a -d ata /dev/sda

with the "-d ata" being required to make it use libata, so I modified the entries in /etc/smartd.conf to also have the "-d ata"

/dev/sda -d ata -H -m root@localhost
/dev/sdb -d ata -H -m root@localhost

now smartd is happy.

I'm not sure if anaconda (or something else) should have have recognised the ahci devices at install time and made appropriate entries in /etc/smartd.conf, in which case I should file a bug, or if this is something the user should expect to have to configure, in which case hopefully this message might help someone else out ...