Floppy drive no longer appears

Hello,

I recently installed the Gnome version of Fedora Core 3 onto an older computer. After performing the installation, I also ran the upgrades. When restarting the computer into the newest kernel, I realized that in the "Computer" desktop icon, my floppy drive no longer appears. How can I fix this problem? I once remember seeing something about the HAL needing to be upgraded, or something like that. At this moment, I don't have access to my floppy drive. How can I fix this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff