Re: Rawhide install success

Jeremy Katz wrote:
On Fri, 2005-11-18 at 15:24 -0500, Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
Jeremy Katz wrote:
On Fri, 2005-11-18 at 11:25 -0800, MJang wrote:
Just reporting success with an install from today's (11-18) Rawhide on
my HP Laptop (ze4500 series). Presumably with the freeze in effect,
today's build is essentially the same as what we'll see from FC5 Test 1.
So if you want a pre-preview.....
We're still in the process of fixing stuff, but getting closer...  I can
almost taste it :)
I take it then that if we still have unresolved dependencies when using yumex, that they are being worked? Patience required?

The tree should be pretty clean in that respect.  Is yumex not doing
updates with obsoletes -- if so, that could definitely cause problems
for the modular X update.  A lot of things are happening with obsoletes
there

Jeremy

Well, well, well...yumex problem after all (will bugzilla in extras). In a terminal did a yum update, and, voila! I now have modular x running. Only prob so far is gdm didn't start, an alternate was automatically started. Saw some msg traffic on gdm, will go search it out. Thanks for the comment, Jeremy. It was what I needed.

--
Regards,

Old Fart