USB Memory Bar

Ode to Joy !
Well I downloaded the new version of hal from development since the mirrors seem to be a bit tardy in syncing up today and now my memory bar gets registered correctly and the system puts an icon on the desktop for it. Also the gnome Disk mounter applet says the bar is mounted. The applet used to say it was not mounted even when it was and would not mount or unmount the bar. I am running hal-gnome-0.5.5.1-1 and hal-0.5.5.1-1. As an added bonus the gnome power manager and the NetworkManger daemon stay up and running.