Re: Updating to Rawhide

Matt Carter wrote:

Hi Guys

I am planning up start using a machine of mine to test Rawhide but
need help installing it. I have installed FC4 and tried updating to
Rawhide but it keeps failing on dependancies, should I sync my FTP
with a Rawhide Server and then do a FTP install?

Thanks for the help.

Matt
Enable fedora-devel and extras-devel repository and disable the rest and run yum update. Post the output of that to the list if you need help. You might workaround dependencies by installing a minimal number of packages or ignore some of the packages in the update by using the exclude option in yum. man yum and yum.conf for details.

regards
Rahul