Re: OpenOffice.org2 regularly crashing without warning and no option for feedback.

Jose' Matos wrote:
On Tuesday 15 November 2005 11:05, David Wood wrote:

Just to note that I've also seen OOo crash without a trace from calc a
couple of times since the last FC4 update.  I'm running a clean workstation
install of FC4 on an HP laptop using a Gnome desktop.  The stability of OOo
seemed to fail on the upgrade from 1.9.125 to 2.0.0 (unless another FC4
package upgrade around the same time had an effect).  If I see a stacktrace
in future, I'll post it.

Same here, for any of the components, be it calc, writer, impress or draw. I am using KDE and I don't have klipper running.

The crash occurs without warning and there is not any output even if the program is started from console. It simply vanishes. It almost looks (black) magic. :-)

Dave Wood.

I was talking to my wife this morning about last nights session with OOo and she didn't have any crashes. Now what she did notice was that the screen seemed to flicker so she saved her work. She is paranoid of OOo crashing.

I'll make sure gdb is installed and running tonight.