Broken scriptlets - will they be fixed by test1?

I encountered many broken scriplets which effected many programs and effected the kernelinstallation also.

kernel-2.6.14-1.1656_FC5 was the last non-broken kernel version for me. The others downloaded via yum but failed to install. Rpm itself ended up becoming non-functional since it was downloading, meeting deps with other programs, but failing because of the actual installed version relied on libssl.so.5 along with another so.5 library.

To get rpm functional again, I made a symlink for so.5 from so.6 versions.

Anyway, many programs had broken scriptlets. The list of problem packages was quite long. I ran rpm -Uvh <package> --noscripts on the broken scriptlet packages and am aware that this probably negatively impacted the correct installation for these packages. Of course using -ivh --noscripts on the kernel was useless. :-)

Jim

--
If Windows sucked it would be good for something.