Re: xorg-x11 not starting after upgrade

Fridrich Strba wrote:
It is a problem of fontconfig. Revert to the one in fc4 or wait some hours for the new one to hit download mirrors of rawhide.

Cheers

Fridrich

Thanks for revealing the package that prevented X from starting. since the compiled tar.gz monolythic version of X seems have better looking fonts mostly. (smaller fonts with easier to read format) When I removed Xorg-x11 and it took out 45 packages, it left gnome applications mostly installed. From the twm terminal, I can run gnome-panel & and get all the launchers. (heck of a lot better fonts than with the rpms for X installed.

Regarding updates hitting rawhide, I thought development was frozen. Is development still pushing updates?

Jim

--
QOTD:
	If it's too loud, you're too old.