Firefox - Software Updates disabled?

Hello

Since FC4 there is no "Software Update" section in Firefox. I understand that the browser should rather be updated through rpm packages provided by the Fedora Team. However, extension updates are also disabled what causes the installed extensions to get outdated after certain period of time and I have to seek for updates manually on the mozilla's extension site. Is it possible to enable Software Update mechanism only for extensions and themes?

Regards,
Dawid Zamirski