Re: Problem With Alsa Mixer

Michal Jaegermann wrote:

On Sun, Jul 17, 2005 at 07:29:56AM -0400, Jeffrey D. Yuille wrote:
Each time I make the adjustments to the sound, the sound settings do not hold upon reboot.

If you will run

  /sbin/modprobe -c | grep alsa

do you see in an output of the above both commands for storing (on a
module removal) and restoring (on a module install) actions?  It seems
to me that in some circumstances one of these can be "forgotten"
although I do not have any concrete evidence.  If something is
missing you would need to add that to /etc/modprobe.conf.  Maybe try
to rerun system-config-soundcard?  If this does not help then edit
/etc/modprobe.conf yourself.  The same if what you got looks wrong.

If you have both and correct entries then I do not know.

  Michal

Hello,

I checked the /etc/modprobe.config file but I am not sure what changes, if any, need to be made. The problem still persists, though. I can get sound only if I slide the bar on the icon all the way to the "up" position. How can I make my changes stick so I don't have to readjust the sound everytime I reboot?

Jeff