Rawhide stability

    * From: Mike Chambers <mike netlyncs com>
    * To: Fedora Beta <fedora-test-list redhat com>
    * Subject: Core 4 + rawhide
    * Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 07:12:38 -0500

Anyone running 4 + rawhide and if so, is it pretty stable at this point
with all the updates, such as gnome, pup, kernel, etc..?  Yes I know
what rawhide is and does, but I'm not currently using rawhide at the
moment, like I normally do.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

If you get a current mirror, apr-devel seems to be the only dep holdout as to the current state of rawhide being updatable. (with my program installations).

For the kernel, I have problems w/ acpi power-off and with rebooting the system will stay at th rebooting system output on the terminal.

Pup seemed to update my system if if deps were not resolved. This might have been a one-time glitch, but yum and up2date seem to prevent package insallation if deps are not resolved.

If you have a lot of devel packages installed, deps might be more noticable. Overall, I think things are running pretty stable.

Jim

--
The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up.