Re: Audit messages on console & in logwatch

Steve Grubb wrote:
On Thursday 30 June 2005 08:03, David D. Hagood wrote:

Logging everything is good, but needlessly bothering root about trivial
stuff just buries the important messages in the noise.

This is required for CAPP compliant auditing. We are logging only the minimum.

I'm complaining about the information being logged to a file - far from it: logging GOOD!

However, I would suggest that, by default, such messages NOT be sent to the console, and by default they be excluded from things like the Logwatch summary email.

Of course, changing Logwatch is more for an upstream issue, but.