Re: FC4 test (x86_64) poor performance

Vlad wrote:

Hello,

I've ran a series of tests on FC4 x86_64 and FC3 x86_64. Found that
the performance is quite poor under FC4 (Athlon64 on nForce 4 Ultra).

I've had no performance problems with x86_64 installations, on any of
the chipsets I've tried.  In some cases, the speed has improved
dramatically.

I've compiled apache+php and measured max requests per second (rps) of
a simple php script (output of phpinfo(); php_info(INFO_MODULES)) with
the apache's 'ab' application. The maximum RPS I managed for FC4 is
440 while FC3 showed up to 730.

Perhaps you should try a different benchmark without recompiling
software.  Version or configuration differences could easily be causing
your problems.  Did you at least use the SRPMs?

Network is not the issue cause I did
measurement via lo0.

It's the same server and I've ran yum update before tests in both
cases. Any ideas?

Try other benchmarks and see if you can narrow down the problem a bit,
or determine if there even is a problem to begin with.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64@xxxxxxxxx

www.n-man.com