Re: Obersvations after installing FC4t3

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
On 5/12/05, Truls Gulbrandsen <trulsg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I optet for a manual partitioning as I wanted to keep the /home
partition and only reinstall the OS.  What I find cumbersome is that the
system don't specify the which partition that used to be /boot, /home or
/.  The only clue is to the swap partition.  Well the learning is to
document the original size of each partition before reinstalling in
order tell which is which.

For the pre-existing partitions... how where they created originally? Where do you expect the installer to retrieve the contextual
information about what the partitions use to be used for?

-jef

My partitions were originally created as LVM with the various partitions within that. Yes, I had expected the installer at least to show me the names of the original partitions either in the field named original partition as with the swap partition or as default suggestion when editing the partitions.

Truls
begin:vcard
fn:Truls Gulbrandsen
n:Gulbrandsen;Truls