Re: Request for Testing of Installer X Configuration on PPC

Jeremy Katz wrote:
Hi.  I've got an ISO for quick testing of anaconda's X configuration
setup available that's a little bit smaller than a full tree.  All you
should have to do is download the ISO, burn it to a CD, boot and see if
X starts up. Then, you can reboot and go back to your normal doings.
Note that this is entirely non-destructive.  So you can even run it if
you are running OS X.  *ANY* results would be helpful.  Please be sure
to include what you see happen as well as what type of hardware you're
using (cpu, video, monitor).

No joy on my 15" G4 Powerbook. I got the initial ncurses screen showing the Test CD / Skip choice, and then when Anaconda starts, I get a blank screen. Even the other consoles go blank (Ctrl-Alt-F2 to F4).

I did happen to catch something about no video card detected during Anaconda's startup.

My powerbook has a 1280x854 resolution screen and a Radeon Mobility
9700 (9600).

--
Drew