Re: NFS lockup error

nodata wrote:

On Sat, 2005-04-30 at 13:07 -0500, William wrote:
After running the updates from Friday around 3pm, I seem to be
crashing on bootup. Everything looks fine until it gets to clvmd. It
fails to load, which is no big deal but then it goes to a black
screen. It stays on this black screen for a minute or two and then I
hit CTRL-ALT-Delete. It will bring me back to the Services screen and
says "NFS lockup:      [Failed]." It then sits there for about 30
seconds and goes back to the black screen. I give it a few minuts and
then hit CTRL-ALT-Delete again and it doesn't do anything. I have to
manually shut down the computer. I have tried previous kernels.
I can log into WinXP fine, so I guessing it isn't a hardware failure,
which was my first thought.

I had this. Strangely, booting all services as usual, but in Interactive
mode worked.

After happend "Stopping NFS locked" April end up2date, I set runlevel of GRUB from 5 to 1 and start single user mode.
(ESC at GRUB menu, e(dit) and B(oot).)
Stopping following services by command practically,
confirm services,
 #chkconfig --list
and repeat,
 #chkconfig --runlevel 356 mDNSResponder off
 #chkconfig --runlevel 356 netfs                     off
#chkconfig --runlevel 356 nfslock off #chkconfig --runlevel 356 nifd off
 #chkconfig --runlevel 356 rdisc                    off
 #chkconfig --runlevel 356 ccsd                    off
 #chkconfig --runlevel 356 clvmd                  off
 #chkconfig --runlevel 356 fenced                 off
 #chkconfig --runlevel 356 smartd                 off