Re: mkfs.ext3 on 500GB drive

Justin Conover wrote:

On 6/27/05, dominik.schastok@xxxxxxxxxxx <dominik.schastok@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
After all I heard, this has to be an hardware error, maybe the internal
controller isn´t working correctly.
I formated a 600GB raid5 array (software raid) on my fc4 box yesterday
without any problems.

kind regards
Dominik Schastok

On Sunday 26 June 2005 18:36, Horst von Brand wrote:
I don't think so. The most expensive part of a disk is the head
assembly
and such (witness the prices for different sized disks of similar
make and
performance), putting in two makes no sense. It is probably just
larger
platters (thus larger casing).
I think you're missing the scope of what LaCie does... :-)
They do not manufacture harddisks, they make external enclosures using
standard disk drives - Last I heard they were using mostly WD...
To offer large capacities (their enclosures go up to 2TB) they use an
internal
controller and several smaller harddisks.

Peter.

--
I am returning it and getting my $$ back and this is what i'm thinking
of doing now,  just get a case and a 4-5 hotswap sata bay and use

Make sure your power supply can handle it all. You can get weird problems from an too-small or bad power supply.

Bob Cochran