Re: System Lockup

Jeffrey D. Yuille wrote:

Hello,

I am currently have Fedora Core 4 installed on a Dell Dimension XPS T600R desktop and I am experiencing intermitent lockups whenever I have multiple programs open at the same time (for example, Mplayer, Firefox and FreeCell Solitaire). I also have Fedora Core 4 installed on a Dell Inspiron 4000 Laptop and I am having no problems at all with lockups. On the desktop, I have 384 MG of ram installed and I never experienced this problem with previous versions of Fedora (Fedora 2 and 3). Is this a bug and is there a fix for this? Should I report this to Bugzilla? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Looks like a hardware issue

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/HardwareProblems

regards
Rahul