Re: Crappy fonts

Kyrre Ness Sjobak wrote:
ons, 27.04.2005 kl. 19.12 skrev Gerry Tool:

Orion Poplawski wrote:

Is it just me, or do the fonts in FC4/development look crappy (compared to FC3 in particular)? Particularly in kconsole (default) and as I type now in thunderbird (default I think - "monospace").

I've set lang to "en_US" from "en_US.utf8" to avoid acroread issues, not sure if that affects this.

- Orion

My fonts are just fine - every bit as good as FC3.  I have not changed lang.

I tested konsole (not kconsole) and they look fine there.

Gerry

Could it be some kind of antialias he has turned on for fc3 but not fc4?

That was it. The FC4 testing was picking up some (very) old .qt settings which had anti-aliasing turned off. Turn it on and everything is hunky dory.

- Orion