Re: Booting from SATA drive

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R ha scritto:

This is an amplification on the previous report of booting
difficulties from a SATA drive.

System has three IDE drives + DVD on the usual controller.
I added a SATA drive to increase memory.  The bios allows
the the boot order to be changed, so I was able to install
XP on the SATA drive and boot it.

I installed FC4 to the SATA drive and used the advanced install option to write the boot to the SATA drive. But
Windows still booted directly, no Grub.
Have you changed the device order? You have to change during installation the order of the hard disks, put SATA you want on first, and then install on MBR. i think have to bugzilla this, because too many people doesn't understand how to install grub on a sata device, also I've wrong it the very first time.

bye
Cimmo