Re: Strange USB Pen problem

Paul

Just noticed this one. What component should the bug get put under
though?

If I use my USB pen and transfer something to it where the filename is
all uppercase, the filename is converted to all lowercase (for example
SENDA becomes senda).

Everything still works, but it's a strange one.

Have you tried mounting manually with the option shortname=win95? This is documented in the kernel docs:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/linuxsh/kernel/Documentation/filesystems/vfat.txt?rev=1.2

I found that 8.3 names without differing case were being shown as lower case, and this was confusing things like rsync.

I have to do this for a FAT32 mp3 player and I would love to know how to make the hotplug system support the option (both using updfstab and the newer system).

-Cam

--
camilo@xxxxxxxxxxxx                                                 <--