Re: process hangs on 13xx smp kernels

Ok, this is even stranger.

I installed a STOCK fc3 system.  Same issue.

STOCK fc2 system.  Same issue.

Something inherent to Fedora Core is just plain incompatible with this motherboard.

It's not just a 2.6.11 or 2.6.9 kernel that's at fault.

Anyone have any ideas as to how, why, or what I can try to make this work?

If not, I'm going to be forced to leave Redhat entirely and go with another distribution, something I really do not want to do - all my system configurations are tailored for Fedora.

Jonathan Deitch wrote:

Bug has been changed to 159082 for this issue

Jonathan Deitch wrote:

Knoppix 3.82 uses kernel 2.6.11 ...

I opened a bugzilla for the FC4T3 problem (#159057) but have not opened one for FC3 yet, as I blew away the FC3 install to try a virgin FC4T3 install ... gotta go back and double verify the problem before I go open bugzilla for that.

The weird thing is, the boot process DOES complete - but you have no IO ... only thing I can guess is it's something that isn't interacting with the Intel serverboard chipset properly.

If anyone has ideas on things to test, anything please let me know and I'll give it a whirl.

- JD