Re: Good news for x86_64 systems

Gene,
Thanks for the early heads up on the new kernel. Except for arts maxing out my cpu, everything is running great for me.

Regards,

Ken Nordquist
ken@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Gene C. wrote:

After kernel 1275 fixed the "constant" rebooting problem on x86_64 system, I was eager to see how soon the other major problem could be fixed -- segfault when running 32 bit applications.

Since rawhide had not been updated yet, I thought I would look to see if davej had any new kernel on people.redhat.com ... sure enough, there was kernel 1276.

After downloading, I looked at the change log and it said that a fix for 32 bit applications was included. After installation and reboot I tested .. 32 bit applications now work (no segfault).

This also means that vmware-config.pl works again for those interested.

See http://people.redhat.com/davej/kernels/Fedora/