formatting your hard drive for testing

i want to set up my hard drive to have three partitions one is the windows xp home partition, one will be my main Linux partition (for fedora core ) and the other will be a testing ground partition so i can test out latest fedora core tests and or try out other Linux distributions with it. i am going to use the mandrake installer to format and resize my hardrive but what should i set the two Linux partitions as what file system? and will it be easy to delete and overwrite a Linux partition that i will use for testing?

thanks

Kenneth Geddings Jr.
Associate Member
Free Software Foundation