Boot problems with up to date but 1261 kernel system

Had a rawhide install that worked reasonably well. Did yum update to latest rawhide today and rebooted. Kernel 1268 appeared to bring back network driver problem, so I tried to boot back to 1261. This system appears to become "busy" (laptop fan goes on) after loading modules, and then takes an incredibly long time to boot, particularly starting networking programs. I haven't been able to glean any kernel errors or other messages, just takes forever. Never had the patience to let the boot complete.

I know this is pretty vague, but thought I'd report it.

- Orion