Re: up date fails kernel

glenn wrote:
I installed the latest version of up2date (up2date-4.4.15-4) and now I
can not use "up2date --nosig" where the only outstanding pkgs are kernel
pkgs (1267 rev).  I am currently on kernel 1261.

When I ask 'yum -y update', it lists the kernel pkgs but reports that I
am currently up to date and therefore does nothing.

I am using the I386 environment of FC4 T2.

Anyone else having this issue this morning

Yum hunts for mirrors and some mirrors are not current at the time yum checks these mirrors. Try running yum -y update again, maybe twice until it hits a mirror that is current.

up2date has been crippled since the libssl.so.4 to libssl.so.5 transition. It was busted before up2date was upgraded to use the newer versions of libssl.so.5

I cut down my usage of up2date to rare occasions and use yum 90+ percent of the time now.

Jim

--
	WARNING TO ALL PERSONNEL:

Firings will continue until morale improves.