Re: [fc3] ntpd issue with SELinux and dm

Daniel J Walsh wrote:
Davide Rossetti wrote:
17:28:54 connect(9, {sa_family=AF_FILE, path="/var/run/nscd/socket"}, 110) = -1 EACCES (Permission denied)
17:28:54 close(9)                       = 0
17:28:54 --- SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault) @ 0 (0) ---
17:28:54 +++ killed by SIGSEGV +++

the signal is async as I saw it fail in other points as well...

This is trying to write to a user_home_dir_t?
What does
ls -laZ /var/run/nscd
show?

As you can see in the strace, ntpd segfaults and I guess, a core file would be written to the homedir, if that would have been allowed.

If I switched of random stack, ntpd worked most of the time. There definetly is a stack overflow somewhere in ntpd.

Ah! I debugged ntpd and there was a point about hostname lookup, where it frequently failed.
Could it be, that the glibc does not handle some connection problems to nscd?
Or is the selinux policy to strict, so that ntpd cannot resolve hostnames via nscd?