Re: MSI-NX6600 // Nvidia graphics card

From: dragoran <dragoran@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: MSI-NX6600 // Nvidia graphics card
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 18:44:53 +0200

dragoran wrote:

Sean Bruno wrote:

On Tue, 2005-04-19 at 06:22 +0000, Caleb Warta wrote:

ok i just got this card

http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=NX6600-VTD256&class=vga

and i wanted to know if anyone knows were to get proper linux driveers for it and how to install them i havnt had to do a graphics card install onb linux before that i cared to get the opengl working on but now i need opengl and all the feature i can get from this card to work if posiable

Dont just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/

A bit OT for the list. This is an Nvidia based video card and is supported by the open-source
linux driver for 2d stuff.  If you want 3d(for ur Doom3/UT2K4), you will
need to install the proprietary and very closed source Nvidia Linux
driver and follow their instructions to get it working.

Sean

I have the same card everything but the video in feature works fine with the nvidia closed source drivers.

sorry I have the GT one but it should be no differnce