Re: X Virtual Terminals/Consoles are blank, unusable

did notice something else though. In the display settings window, on the hardware tab, all of the buttons use alt+c with the exception of the ok button.

Sessoms, Mack wrote:

i have an on-board intel 915 and do not see this problem. i have ctrl+alt+f[1-7] as usual. i have a FC3 install with an onboard intel 865 that is normal as well.

Matt Galvin wrote:

Hi All,

When cycling through the virtual terminals/consoles of
X(CTR+ALT+F[1-7]) I see that they are all blank screens and I cannot
use them at all. con7 displays the desktop (gnome in my case) as
expected but con1 - con6 are completly blacked out/blank and I am
unable to use them for anything.

Has anyone else experienced this behaviour? Can anyone confirm?

My machine has an on-board Intel 865 video card/chip and I am using an
Acer AL1714 LCD display.

Thanks,

Matt