Up2date showing non-installed software

Is there a way to configure or otherwise modify up2date to show only updates for packages I have installed currently?

I find it annoying to have to sort through a myriad of package names and resolve which ones I have and don't have. So it would be nice for it to list only updates for packages I have installed. Obviously there was a reason I chose _NOT_ to install bind or some python sql package, so I really don't care about new versions. Are there any plans for a better up2date or yum untility before FC4 release?