Dell MegaRaid fails to find volume at install

Dell PowerEdge 400SC with an LSI CERC ATA100/4ch RAID Controller. (June 10, 2002 bios)

I've seen this before in the discussions, back from FC3 and I had hopes that FC4 would have fixed it but no luck there. I boot from CD 1 only for it to tell me I have no hard drives. Yet the machine is already running FC2.

Is this ever going to get officially fixed. (Because really, the solution should never be "type some gobbelygook into a command prompt.")

=)